StockHolding was incorporated in 1986 at the initiative of the Government and commenced Custody operations in 1988 and since then has been a pioneer & leader in Custody Services presently managing an AUC of approximately USD 535 Billion of which the institutional assets are approximately 235 Billion USD. Today our services cater to a diverse set of Domestic & Cross-Border investors.
StockHolding’s elite client list includes Large Financial Institutions, Insurance Companies, Banks, Mutual Funds, Foreign Portfolio Investors, Pension Funds (regulated by PFRDA), Retiral Funds (Pension/ Provident/ Gratuity/ Superannuation Fund), Alternative Investment Funds & Foreign Direct Investors. StockHolding also holds a ‘No Action Letter’ issued by US SEC under section 17(f)5 of the SEC Regulation enabling us to offer Custody Services to US based funds.
Clearing & Settlement Services (Cash Segment)
- Smooth Straight Through Processing (STP) systems with a choice of two reputed service providers, enabling the competitive advantage of efficient settlements.
- Seamless monitoring and constant updates on failed trades and status (T+2 basis)
- Daily verification of settlements (Normal/Auction), thus mitigating systemic risks.
- Efficient fund transfer facilities offering flexibility of settlement of funds through wide panel of banks having RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement) capabilities.
- Effortless handling of residual trades in physical mode, since it has the necessary infrastructure in place.
Electronic & Physical Safekeeping Services
- Operations on both Depositories, National Securities Depository Limited & Central Securities Depository Limited, manned by qualified, certified & experienced staff, complemented by cutting-edge back-office processes
- Comprehensive document tracking & storage systems that enable the instant tracking and status of any investments in physical custody.
- Customised reporting (delivery by paper & electronic media) to provide maximum value for clients
- Daily Saleable Holding Report provided before market hours to facilitate trading.
- Timely Put/Call Intimations
- Forecast of redemptions and corporate actions.
- Online reporting / web - based of market information
- New Issue services i.e. handling IPO applications, allotments, open offers, buy-backs, ADR/GDR, etc..
- Daily verification of settlements (Normal/Auction), thus mitigating systemic risks.
- Corporate Actions viz. Calculation of entitlements, benefit collections, Cheque/Warrant deposits, reconciliation and follow-ups.
- Daily trades reports, mark-to-market profit/loss reports, collateral margin reports, account statements, outstanding position reports, span margins requirement report, and any other relevant reports.
- StockHolding has a dedicated in-house information technology support, which has won laurels from the Smithsonian Institute, Washington and the Computer Society of India for innovative use of technology. StockHolding uses leased lines, V-SATS (Very Small Aperture Terminals), Multi Protocol Label Systems, Fibre-optics, WIMAX, CDMA, ADSLoVPN, FTTHoVPN and Radio links to ensure redundant connectivity to clients, stock exchanges and depositories, besides maintaining a ‘hot-site disaster recovery’ using mirroring of data. The technology used ensures that high volume time critical transactions are handled within a secured environment, with a zero error approach towards delivery of products and services and a single window view of business. The sizable (over 1.2 terabytes) Oracle database is efficiently managed in a secure environment using adequate Network Security (Firewall, Proxy, Intrusion Detection Systems, Intrusion Prevention Systems) while the Internet products have built in PKI features.
- High security Vaults (complying with the requirements of the Securities and Exchange Board of India) use state-of-the-art technology, closed-circuit T. V. using hidden cameras, motion detectors, access controls and a full-time security staff. Certificates are held in customized, fire resistant ‘Modular Sliding Storage Units’, with automated location tracking using bar codes and audit trail.
- StockHolding has a dedicated , highly experienced 'all-officer' team, qualified and certified as per local requirements , with the collective man-years of experience being the highest in the Industry. These officers are given continuous updates of knowledge and technology through training programs.
- An exhaustive cross-country database of Corporate Events, Book Closures, R&T Agents, Depositories, Stock Exchanges as well as other industry-related information assiduously built up by continuous tracking of Company, Exchange & Depository announcements by dedicated Databank Team.
- A dedicated Corporate Actions team to ensure the timely forecast of all corporate actions & benefits accruing on client holdings
- The handling of all instrument types listed on both exchanges Bombay Stock Exchange & National Stock Exchange, money market instruments (CPs & CDs), debt instruments PTC’s (Pass through certificates).
- Tracking data for unlisted securities
- Tracking/ Eligibility creation/ Reporting of Voluntary Corporate Actions like Rights / Cash Offers/ Buybacks
Clearing Services (Futures and Options segment)
- StockHolding is a Clearing Member on the Futures and Options segment of both National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange, offerings,
- Clearing: Computing obligations of trading Members i.e. determining positions to settle.
- Settlement: Performing actual settlement
- Collateral Management: Strictly adheres to specifications with efficient mechanisms for total collateral management
- Risk Management: Total confidentiality of client’s trading operations; monitoring positions on a continuous basis.
- Reports relating to the trading and settlement provided through
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- StockHolding offers securities escrow services to foreign investors/ FDI investments/ PE investments in India
- StockHolding offers custodial services and helps facilitate settlement of transactions on Delivery vs Payment for the foreign buyer as also the Indian seller
- StockHolding offers FA services to Capital Market Participants regulated by SEBI / PFRDA / IRDA in accordance with applicable guidelines
- StockHolding provides fund accounting services for different asset types, market trades, income and expense accounting, corporate actions, Security pricing, Reconciliations of holdings and NAV Computation.
- Services can be customized to help meet various client requirements including monitoring and reporting requirements stipulated by SEBI / PFRDA /IRDA.
- StockHolding renders SLB services to the Institutional clientele i.e financial institutions, mutual funds etc. This service is provided on the Exchange platforms provided by BSE and NSE.
- StockHolding provides daily valuation of securities services for Equity, Debt, Mutual fund Units, securities issued by Government of India and State Governments. Valuation is in accordance to the guidelines as prescribed by the Regulator.
- StockHolding provide investor servicing solutions, on-boarding, custody and fund accounting, asset linked reports, tailor made customized reports to the investors of AIF’s
- StockHolding offers tailor made custody and asset servicing solutions. StockHolding PAN India Branch Network will help cater to the PMS clients.
AIF (Alternate Investment Fund) segment:
PMS (Portfolio Management Services)Segment:
Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPI)
- StockHolding is registered with SEBI to act as a Designated Depository Participant ( DDP) to register an FPI and issue them registration certificate on behalf of SEBI.
StockHolding as a DDP & Custodian Performs :
- Due Diligence as a DDP
- Does the KYC
- Grants FPI Registration Certificate
- Sets up the Custody Account of the FPI
- Mr. R Anand
- Head of Custody
- Tel: +91 22 61779070
- Mr. Sanjib Chattopadhyay
- Operations Head - Custody Services
- Tel : + 91 22 61778020
- Mr. Vineet Potnis
- Business Head - Custody Services
- Tel : + 91 22 61779071
- Custody Services
- Tel: + 91 22 61779038
For grievance redressal : CUSTODY.GRIEVANCE@stockholding.com
- DDP Services
- Tel: +91 22 61779074
Management, Infrastructure & Financials
- Promoted by large Financial Institutions in India; StockHolding is a Government of India Company
- Experienced Management committed to maintaining highest levels of ethics and integrity
- Promoter of “National Stock Exchange"
- Strong Financials with no debt - Profit making and Dividend paying company since inception
- SWIFT integrated
Capability & Commitmentcontent to be provided.
Focused on Compliance, Risk Mitigation & Servicecontent to be provided.
Competitiveness and Leveragecontent to be provided.
- First Asian Company to be bestowed with the prestigious ‘Smithsonian Award’ for ‘Visionary use of IT’
- Computer Society of India Award - National IT Award for ‘Best IT Usage’
- NSDL Award for ‘Largest Assets Under Custody’ for four consecutive years
- Accreditations received from Global Custodian for three consecutive years in 2016, 2017 and 2018 as ‘Market Outperformer & Category Outperformer’
- Recognised as the ‘Best Custodian’ for 2018 by AIWMI