Destroy the PIN mailer after you memorize the PIN for your Demat A/C
- Your password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use letters, numbers and special character such as [ !, @, #, $ ,% ,^, &,*,(,) ] in your password.
- Don't use password that are obvious, like your name/nickname, name of your family members, your address, phone no. or any other such information.
- Do not use the same password as the one which you use to login to your computer or access to your e-mail.
- Change your Online Login password frequently( atleast once a month)
- Never share your password with other.
StockHolding has a range of security features for its Online Login facility
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. No explicit cookies are used by us at any stage. No personally identifiable information is collected from your computer via cookies in any form.
Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
128 bit Secure Socket Layer
When our registration form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as bank account number and/or password), that information is encrypted and is protected with encryption software using 128 bit SSL while the information travels from the users computer to our servers. While on a secure page, such as our registration form, login-page and post login area the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are in the non-SSL area. StockHolding uses High Grade Encryption( RC4 128 bits ) to ensure that your data is fully encrypted as it is transmitted to you. Encryption makes it very difficult for unauthorised people to view your information while travelling between computers and hence makes the page almost impossible to be read as it travels across the network to you. Validity of the server certificate can be ascertained by clicking the 'Verisign' logo that appears on the Login page.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment. Sensitive information like passwords are stored in encrypted form.
Verisign Digital certificate
Digital certificates are issued by certain authorities to authenticate a Web site or elements of Web sites. The certificate the originator of the site, or element, and verifies that it has not been tampered with, When your Web browser is presented with a certificate, It will check to see if a legitimate certification authority issued the certificate. If there is a match, your session will continue. Otherwise, your browser will issue a warning and your safest action is to cancel your activity .
Your Role in enhancing security of your Login section
- Always ensure your PC is updated with latest anti-virus and operating system patches
- Install personal firewall and anti-spy ware to protect your PC from internet attackees.
- Always change your online Login passwords periodically say every month